How to Start a Personal Injury Claim?

How to Start a Personal Injury Claim?

Posted by on Jan 25, 2016 in Personal Injury Lawyer, Personal Injury Law, Personal Injury Claim

How to Start a Personal Injury Claim?

M ost of the people who have a basis for personal injury claim will try to settle their claim because they don’t want to loose money and time on cases which can last forever. Even if they try to settle their claim on their own, people should be aware of some things when trying to maximize their injury compensation.

The key is a good lawyer with experience, here is one very successful  navigate to this web-site.

After gathering all possible documentation that can be proved that the accident has happened and resulted in injuries to your body and your property, one should send a demand letter to the third party and his or her insurance company.

A demand letter should contain a brief description of the accident, your injuries and the note that you intend to pursue damages to your claim. Once you receive the respond you will be able to send your initiate settlement offer and to negotiate your compensation. Never accept the first offer, no matter how tempting it might be.

The very fact that the other side sends you a settlement means that they are aware their responsibilities and the first offer is usually the smallest one comparing to the amount of actual compensation.

The next right thing to do is to review your offer and compare to your actual losses. If you are not pleased then submit a counter-offer with the detailed explanation of your injuries and losses that the accident caused to you. This may take some time and request several cycles until you and another party come to an agreement. Thus, be patient and try to give your best to maximize the amount of compensation according to your current losses and potential future losses caused by the accident. Continue to gather documentation that will confirm your losses in the meantime.

Once the settlement is agreed, you should ask for a final settlement letter which will contain the correct amount of compensation.